Howell Jones is seeking to recruit an experienced and motivated lawyer to join our Litigation Team. The vacancy is in our Bordon office and the successful candidate will become a part of the very successful team that also works in our offices in Kingston and Walton. The ideal candidate will:
- be an exceptional UK qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive with at least 6 years’ post qualification experience with an excellent track record of monthly billing and fees recovery.
- •demonstrate a sound knowledge and experience of a range of High Court and County Court litigation work including contract, tort, commercial, property including boundary disputes, professional negligence and Landlord and Tenant.
- be experienced in advocacy and use counsel selectively.
- will have experience of risk assessment of cases and working under CFA’s and DBA’s.
- be highly organised, familiar with regulatory compliance procedures, Lexcel standards and will be expected to travel to meet clients at any of our other offices as required.
- have a sound understanding of legal costs and be able to prepare costs budgets.
- have excellent IT skills and be able to work independently.
- be people friendly, a team player and a safe pair of hands who understands the importance of developing and maintaining excellent client relationships.
- be proactive with a keen interest in looking for new business and developing his or her caseload and the team.
This is a full-time position. Please send CV (including home address, telephone number and references (if available) with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please
Applicants who obtain a job with us who come to us directly rather than through their agency will be entitled to a payment of £250 on satisfactory completion of their trial period with us.
Howell-Jones LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. We shall ensue that no job applicant shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, sex, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.