Howell Jones is looking to recruit an ambitious paralegal to join our Residential Property team and work at our office in Walton on Thames.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting the residential property lawyer at Walton on Thames and on occasion the other lawyers in the team.
- Carrying out all the administrative functions of the conveyancing process including opening and archiving files, ordering searches, dealing with post exchange and post completion work, drafting correspondence and liaising with clients and estate agents, handling incoming calls and enquiries, emails, faxes and post.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken in the best interest of the client and is conducted in accordance with the Law Society Rules and best legal practice.
- Compliance with all administrative procedures and responsibilities laid down in the firm’s handbook and in line with our Lexcel and CQS accreditation.
- The preservation of client confidentiality.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, qualities and experience:
- A strong academic background and will preferably have or be working towards a relevant legal qualification.
- Experience in residential property work using case management systems.
- A practical, flexible and client focused approach and be able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Strong typing skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- A professional appearance, excellent client care skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
This is a full-time position. Please send CV (including home address, telephone number and references (if available) with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please
Howell-Jones LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. We shall ensue that no job applicant shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, sex, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.