Personal Injury Lawyer - Fixed term contact
Location: Walton on Thames
We are currently looking to recruit a UK qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to work in our Personal Injury team at our office in Walton on Thames, Surrey to provide maternity cover commencing 6th August 2018.
The successful applicant will have at least 2 years post qualification experience in Personal Injury law and will report directly to the Personal Injury team leader.
Areas of work covered include
- Personal Injury claims to include claims being dealt with via the Claims Portal
- All types of Personal Injury claims including public liability and employer liability claims and road traffic accident claims.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To take instructions within this area of expertise on behalf of the practice.
- To ensure all legal work is undertaken in the best interest of the client and is conducted in accordance with the SRA Code of Conduct and best legal practice.
- To ensure full compliance with all professional requirements laid down in the firm’s handbook in order to bring matters to an effective conclusion.
To ensure the efficient conduct of matters for which he/she is responsible including:
- proper file administration
- storage of client documents
- proper control of any undertakings
- control of costs, disbursements and billing on each file
- liaising with the money team ensuring payment of bills
- communication with the client
- credit control on each file
- To ensure that continuing education obligations are maintained and to keep up to date in the law in this area of expertise
- The preservation of client confidentiality
- The maintenance of time recording and billing levels according to agreed targets
- To ensure compliance with all administrative procedures and responsibilities laid down in the firm’s handbook and in line with our Lexcel accreditations
- To supervise and train other fee earning and support staff as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of handling case files from start to finish, under minimum supervision
- Working knowledge and experience in using the Portal
- Experience in using the Portal for the following areas of work:
- Road traffic accident claims
- Public liability claims
- Employer liability claims
- Experience in clinical negligence claims would be an advantage
- Proficient in the use of computers and IT
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- People-focused, with an excellent manner in dealing with clients and colleagues alike
- Proactive with a keen interest in looking for new business and developing the team
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter/email containing existing and expected salary levels to email@example.com
Howell-Jones LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. We shall ensue that no job applicant shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, sex, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
APPLICANTS who obtain a job with us who come to us directly rather than through their agency will be entitled to a payment of £250 on satisfactory completion of their trial period with us.