Location: Kingston upon Thames
Howell Jones is seeking to recruit a legal assistant to join our Commercial Debt Recovery team working with our Debt Recovery lawyers at our office in Kingston upon Thames. The ideal candidate will:
- Have a practical, flexible and client focused approach and be able to work successfully as part of a team. Experience in debt recovery work is desirable but not essential.
- Support the end to end debt recovery process including setting up new clients, file and diary management, dealing with undisputed debts, issuing standard letters, issuing proceedings, entering judgment and dealing with standard enforcement, invoicing and other general office duties (as required).
- Have strong typing skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel. Legal secretarial experience is desirable but not essential.
- Enjoy interacting directly with both customers and clients.
- Have a systematic approach to work, be confident working with numbers, have an eye for detail and understand the importance of, and be able to work to, strict deadlines.
- Have experience of case management systems and digital dictation.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and have an excellent telephone manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance, have excellent client care skills and be able to multi-task and prioritise.
This is a full-time position. Please send CV (including home address, telephone number and references (if available) with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please
Howell-Jones LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. We shall ensue that no job applicant shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, sex, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.