Location Kingston upon Thames
Howell-Jones is a fast growing, 80+ employee legal practice with offices across Surrey and Hampshire. We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing an accounts team of four.
- Ensuring the firm’s compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Preparing monthly management accounts, budgets, and cash flow projections, and reporting on variations.
- Monitoring creditors, aged debtors, aged WIP and partners’ accounts.
- Managing accruals and prepayments.
- Overseeing the firm’s payroll, which is outsourced.
- Calculating partners profit shares, deductions and drawings, including tax retentions.
- The preparation and submission of VAT returns and the payment of VAT.
- Liaising with the firm’s accountants and bankers.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (AAT/ACA/CMA/ACCA) preferred. Part qualified but with relevant experience will be considered.
- SRA Accounts Rules and legal cashiering experience.
- Experience of working in a £5m t/o environment.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of the Tikit P4W case management application or a willingness to learn it.
- Experience of Excel and Pivot Tables (essential) and SQL (desirable).
- Cheerfulness, excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible hands on approach.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Please send your CV (including home address, telephone number and references (if available) and accompanying cover letter including your salary expectations to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in confidence
No agencies please
Howell-Jones LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. We shall ensue that no job applicant shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, sex, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.