(how often the child spends with each parent)

Contact is considered the right of the child, rather than the parent. Disputes can often arise in relation to children; who they live with and how often they see each parent.

We can help you to agree contact arrangements with your former partner or spouse and if a dispute arises, we can guide and help you through any necessary court application.

(where the child lives)

Residence is often mistakenly referred to as ‘custody’ or ‘access to children’ and is concerned with where the children live.

We can help you to agree where the children live, or if an agreement cannot be reached, we can guide and represent you in any court application.

Child Abduction

If you feel that there is a very real risk that your partner or spouse may abduct your child, we can help you to take the urgent and necessary steps to prevent this. Or, if the abduction has already taken place, we can issue an urgent application at court for your child to be returned.

In these cases, prompt action is key and we would recommend that you seek legal advice immediately.

Specific Issues
Sometimes disputes can arise in relation to

  • schooling
  • medical issues
  • religious concerns
  • surnames of children

We can help you to resolve these issues and if an agreement cannot be reached, we can guide and represent you in any necessary court application.

Call us for free and without obligation.

Please telephone and speak to one of our family and divorce solicitors for free on 0800 037 1625 or fill in the online form to request a call back and someone will ring you within 24 hours.

You can access any of our lawyers at any of our offices spread throughout Surrey, Hampshire and Greater London including Kingston upon Thames, Bordon, Cheam, Canary Wharf, Leatherhead, Raynes Park, Surbiton, Tolworth or Walton on Thames.