Separation agreements

It may be that a divorce is a step too far and is not right for you at this time. Some couples decide to separate for two years instead, to make sure that a divorce is what they really want.

If you remain separated for the full two years then this can be used as a ground for a divorce.

Before you separate you should enter into a written agreement called a separation agreement, which details how financial assets are to be dealt with.

This separation agreement is the best way to protect your position financially and we can help you draft this. The separation agreement,  if properly drafted, may then be incorporated into a binding, final agreement when it comes to a divorce.


Call us for free and without obligation.

Please telephone and speak to one of our family solicitors for free on 0800 037 1625 or fill in the online form to request a call back and someone will ring you within 24 hours.

You can access any of our lawyers at any of our offices spread throughout Surrey, Hampshire and Greater London including Kingston upon Thames, Bordon, Cheam, Canary Wharf, Leatherhead, Raynes Park, Surbiton, Tolworth or Walton on Thames.